Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Populate requester field in Invitation onboarding form

Naveen_Talanos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

Please help.

I am using invitation based onboarding. When the user is created, or while creating the user, field "Department Name" should be populated with the value of requester/sponsor's "Department Name"

Sponsor (Department Name) --> Invitation --> New User Accept --> User Created (Department Name)

How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Naveen

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is not configurable 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking of using Action task in Invitation workflow and update the field in Java class.

Do you think that might work? 

Do you have a sample Java snippet to read requestor details and update user table? This is since invitation workflow already sends email to requester, therefor has requester details in the flow.

Regards

Naveen

You want to send e-mail notifications or you want to change on UI ?

UI change is not configurable.

email is possible but workflow action code work run and forgot. Here you can use saviynt API to fetch details related to request. Make java code which will accept parameters like requestkey and other as per your requirements to send notifications 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Thanks for that.

Exactly that what I am thinking. So in the "action" I will use API to update user details after fetching requester details.

Could you please help me with a snippet as how can I pick request ID from workflow into my Java Code?

Regards

Naveen

You need to use saviynt API & take required parameter to make it happen

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23971061/2s8YzQXPvV

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak