Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Password Sync filter not working

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We have done the installation of Password Sync filter using Password managemnet console on all Domain Controllers in DEV environment.

Here few observations on Password management console agent:
1. After installing on all DCs the progress shows 100% but the Current Status Shows "Authenctication To Domain" as shown in the attached screenshot. Not sure whether the password sync filters was installed properly or not.
2. After installation we tried to restart all the DCs using the password management console but it did performed the restart so we had to restart the DCs manually.
3. After we restarted the DCs the SavPwFilter.db file was created
4. When we re-opened the password management console and then open the profile again. It is showning the State as not installed and No domain is auto selected. Ideally after installation if we are opening the profile again it should highlight/auto-select the domains on which the filter is already installed and the state shoud be installed or complete.

I am not sure whether there is some issue with the intallation or the password management console itself which is not reflecting the correct status.

Also i am not sure how to test whether the password sync is working or not. I could not find any documnet which talks about the testing steps. My plan for testing is to reset the password for any user directly in AD and see in Saviynt whether the change password task is created for the endpoints which are mentioned in SavPwFilter.json

Please assist.

6 REPLIES 6

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Can anyone assist on this

I order to test, you do a "Control+Alt+Delete" and change the user password. If installed and configured correctly, the pwdfilter should intercept this request and send it across to Saviynt.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Hi Avinash,

We are looking for help on Password Sync Filters and not on Credential Provider.

vermark
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We have just installed the password sync filters on all DCs and we are not sure whether it is installed properly or not as mentioned ealier. Also i am not sure how to test whether is is working properly or not.

Secondly we don't want to use the Credential Provider for password reset. We want if a password is reset for any user in AD somehow then that should be propegated in other targets

Please let me know if more clarity required

Hello,

Were you able to figure out your issue with password Sync filter ? were you able to validate it ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

If you change the password on the local machine which is connected to the domain, the password filter that is installed on the domain will intercept this change and propogate it down the target Saviynt and based on configurations, open tasks for other systems.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri