Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How does Child roles work

annbro
New Contributor
New Contributor

I need help to understand why a user looses an Enterprise role.
The senario is:
User A is an employeer in Department 1. He is a member of Enterprise birthright role "Department 1". This role has a Child role "Child Enterpriserole X".
Now user A is moved from Department 1 to Department 2. And the Enterprise birthright role "Department 2" is added to him. Enterprise role "Department 2" has the same Child role "Child Enterpriserole X" as the "Department 1" role.
But now the Child role "Child Enterpriserole X" is removed.
And then the "Department 2" role is removed.
And now the "Department 1" role is removed (as it should)

Does anybody know why the child role is removed? Is it because both "Department 1" role and "Department 2" role has the same Child role?
So when the "Department 1" role is removed the Child role is removed, and because the Child role is removed the "Department 2" role is removed?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@annbro it shouldn't could you share task screenshot what all task were generated?

If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'

annbro
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @NM - Thanks for your answar 🙂 I have add'ed files that show the User history and the Completed tasks.

Its looks like defect please raise support ticket. When common entitlement or roles come ideally it should go to no action required. It works well from ars from may have issue rules

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

annbro
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - hope you can use the added files.

To me it seems that some of it works and other does not. So I am interested in nowing if I did something wrong in the role/child role setup.

Kind regards