Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Hide attributes in User creation form- Action String

NID27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have an attribute in user creation form named "usertype" having two values "contractor" and "Employee". The requirement is when user selects "contractor" all the other attributes except "First name and last name" should be hidden.

Please advise how can we achieve this. I have some idea about action string but don't know what and how to put the values there. Also, confirm if any parent child mapping is required.

Thanks

Nidhi

4 REPLIES 4

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @NID27 ,

No Parent / Child mapping is needed. Action String works independently.

If you want to Hide a certain attribute if usertype is contractor then you should use something like this and place it into Action String of the "usertype" dynamic attribute.

HIDE###myattribute1###contractor___HIDE###myattribute2###contractor___SHOW###myattribute1###Employee___SHOW###myattribute2###Employee___

This : 

• Hides myAttribute1 and myAttribute2 if the usertype is "contractor"
  • Shows myAttribute1 and myAttribute2 if the usertype is "Employee"

Bonus tip : if you want to Hide a field when no value is selected in usertype, use : 

HIDE###myAttribute3###___

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

NID27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I tried the format but it is not working. I tried hiding and showing up an attribute "email" on selecting values from "Employee Type" but nothing happens.  below are the configs for both the attributes.

1) Email Attribute

NID27_0-1718778371085.png

NID27_1-1718778393824.pngNID27_2-1718778409292.png

2) Employee Type attribute

NID27_3-1718778521590.png

Please advis.

Thanks

Nidhi

Change enum employees type to sql query

select ‘employee’ as id union select ‘cont’ as id

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.