Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday connector - How to import entitlements in SSM v5.5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 22 2020 at 16:36 UTC

There are 2 guides for Workday application:

1. Workday Connector Guide 2.0 - https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000582770

2. Workday Connector Guide - https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000463478-workday-connector-guide

Question 1 - Looks like Guide 2.0 is not applicable for v5.5. Looks like this guide is only applicable for v5.5 SP2+ as below connection types are not available in v5.5. Is this correct?

Question 2 - Is there any way to work on below pre-requisites (as per Guide 1.0) using SSM UI only i.e. without having file/folder level access to the SSM servers/environment (Cloud setup)?

Question 3 - Are these files - 'configurationdemo.properties' and custom Jar already present in the SSM environments?

Question 4 - Are these properties below 'Sample External JAR Configuration' in documentation for configurationdemo.properties or externalConfig.properties?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
9 REPLIES 9

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 04:30 UTC

1. Yes. Workday Connector 2.0 is available only from v5.5 SP2

2. No. There is no other way. The custom jar and the config file have to be placed in the SSM server manually.

3. No. These files are already NOT present in the SSM environment.

4. These properties are for configurationdemo.properties file

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 08:58 UTC

Thank you very much Mahesh. This is really very helpful.

2 more questions:

1. What is systemname in temp directory property please? Do we need to set it to some custom name?

TEMPDIR=/Users/<systemname>/Documents/Softwares/saviynt/Conf/WorkdayImport/

2. Do we need to restart SSM servers after placing custom JAR and properties files; and creating WorkdayImport and parserOutput folders?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 09:13 UTC

1. /Users/<systemname>/Documents/Softwares/saviynt is the directory which is set as SAVIYNT_HOME environment variable. This directory should be there already on SSM server.

2. Yes. SSM server has to be restarted after placing the jar file.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 10:50 UTC

Thank you Mahesh.

Lastly, do we have to implement code ourselves to generate a custom JAR file which will be uploaded to 'C:\apache-tomcat-8.x\webapps\ECM\WEB-INF\lib' ?

If yes, is there any example Jar file to understand the pattern please?

Also, I think if we have to implement code ourselves and generate a Jar file, it would be better to consume Workday REST API(RaaS) using SSM REST connector i.e. without using Workday connector as it involves custom Jar implementation to import entitlements.

So,

Workday connector - For accounts import

REST connector - For entitlements import

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 12:05 UTC

Hi Raman,

There is a custom jar file provided by Saviynt itself. I see that the documentation is missing this information. I will get it updated.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 14:18 UTC

Thank you very much

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 24 2020 at 13:56 UTC

Hi Mahesh,

I see some changes are made to the Workday guide 1.0, thank you.

But I'm still not sure where is the custom jar file.

Is it already in the 'C:\apache-tomcat-8.x\webapps\ECM\WEB-INF\lib' folder?

Also, could you please let me know the exact file name of the jar file, is it something like custom.jar?

We now have the value of $SAVIYNT_HOME = /datadrive/sharedappdrive/saviynt/Conf

We have Linux environment, so I guess I will need to request Saviynt support for the path equivalent to Windows path - 'C:\apache-tomcat-8.x\webapps\ECM\WEB-INF\lib'

In terms of what changes are required in the SSM server(OS level changes), could you please review below steps:

1. Check if the custom jar file is present in the Tomcat lib folder.

2. If $SAVIYNT_HOME value is /datadrive/sharedappdrive/saviynt/Conf, create a folder WorkdayImport under Conf folder.

After folder creation, the path of WorkdayImport folder will be /datadrive/sharedappdrive/saviynt/Conf/WorkdayImport

3. Create a folder parserOutput under WorkdayImport folder.

After folder creation, the path of parserOutput folder will be /datadrive/sharedappdrive/saviynt/Conf/WorkdayImport/parserOutput

4. Create configurationdemo.properties file with updated values and place it in /datadrive/sharedappdrive/saviynt/Conf

It looks like only above 4 steps are required at server/OS level, rest all are managed via SSM UI. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 29 2020 at 05:29 UTC

Hi Ramanpreet,

You have to reach out to Saviynt for the custom jar. It is not bundled or installed inside tomcat lib folder.

In addition to above steps, you need to create some .SAV files in the file system which will be used by several schema import jobs. The schema import jobs will be created using SSM UI.

The doc will be updated with these steps in a day.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 30 2020 at 09:19 UTC

Thanks Mahesh,

All server level changes are done except .SAV files changes.

I will wait for the documentation update.