Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlement Mapping

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 31 2020 at 18:15 UTC

I'm having some issues getting Entitlement Mapping to work reliably. We use active directory groups to designate group membership in another endpoint. I've set up a few of the active directory groups in our dev environment to have an entitlement mapping to the corresponding group in this other endpoint. This has been setup to create add/remove tasks as well.

When I first set it up, the user in AD_Group1 was granted an account and Group1 in the second endpoint. I then tried removing the user from this AD_Group1, but no revoke access request was ever generated in the second endpoint. They are still a member of Group1 there. I then setup a AD_Group2 to map to Group2 in the second endpoint. I added the user to the AD group, but they have not been added to Group2 in the second endpoint.

What kind of events trigger this entitlement mapping to create add or remove requests? I tried to run a detective rule when the user updates to re-run the provisioning rules and update account tasks in both endpoints. I've also tried importing accounts/access from AD, and see the user is in AD_Group2 but they don't get the Group2 in the second endpoint. So far nothing has triggered this to happen.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 6 2020 at 05:31 UTC

Hi Adam,

Greetings!!

Could you please help us with below information:

1) Version of SSM.

2) Are you talking about Entitlement Map (Admin > Entitlements > (Select any entitlement) > Other entitlement details > Entitlement Map) ?

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 6 2020 at 12:44 UTC

1) version 5.4.1

2) Yes that is the one I am trying to get setup.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 12 2020 at 04:02 UTC

Hi Adam,

Please let us know, are you getting the problem in setting up the entitlement map or after setting entitlement tasks are not generated?

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 19 2020 at 20:39 UTC

No entitlement tasks are being generated.