PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Actionable Email

Mirani03
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am working on actionable mail with manager level approval workflow. When any user requests for an access it should go to the manager for approval or rejection, the manager can take the action from the received mail itself. But in my case after taking the appropriate action the necessary mail back to Saviynt is getting generated but after the job runs i.e. Email based approval job (IncomingMailARSJob) the error I am getting is Failure:Remote host terminated the handshake.

I have even configured SMTP - Email server settings.

I would like to know the meaning of this error and how can I resolve it.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

premalatha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello Mirani,

It seems you are encountering an error with the Saviynt EIC (Enterprise Identity Cloud) jobs, specifically the "Failure: Remote host terminated the handshake" error. This error is related to the SSL/TLS handshake between Saviynt and the remote host, which can happen due to various reasons.

To address this issue, you can take the following steps:

1. Check SSL/TLS Configuration: Ensure that the SSL/TLS configuration in Saviynt is correct and up-to-date. Verify that it is compatible with the remote host's SSL/TLS settings.

2. Verify Certificate Validity: Check the SSL/TLS certificate used by Saviynt. Ensure that it is valid and not expired. An expired certificate can cause handshake termination.

3. Review Firewall and Proxy Settings: Examine any firewalls or proxies that might be between Saviynt and the remote host. Make sure they are not blocking or interfering with the SSL/TLS communication.

4. Check Supported Protocol Versions: Confirm that both Saviynt and the remote host support compatible SSL/TLS protocol versions.

5. Verify Hostname: Ensure that the hostname used in the SSL/TLS certificate matches the actual hostname used to connect to the remote host.

If all the above steps verified and checked, Please have a quick check  on our documentation which talks about configuring outgoing and incoming mail server. https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Please try the remediation steps suggested  on this video:

How to Prevent Email Trigger Failures  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fObQsnTE4z4

Mirani03
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you soo much I will surely look into it.

Thanks alot 🙂

Is this fixed ?

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Not yet! Have raised a ticket for it.
Main issue we are facing is that we are unable to troubleshoot the errors as the logs are down.
We have raised ticket even for that, but it is still in pending state since last 3 months.

@Mirani03 wrote:
Main issue we are facing is that we are unable to troubleshoot the errors as the logs are down.
We have raised ticket even for that, but it is still in pending state since last 3 months.

@Mirani03 wrote:

Is it fixed ? I am also facing same issue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@rushikeshvartak : Did you configure certificate while registering the app in microsoft or client secret?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

We did its same issue. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Rizkiansyah
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

is this fix? 
facing same issue.

println-titan
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @premalatha @Mirani03 @rushikeshvartak @Saathvik ,

Did you manage to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue and there's not much information in the logs that seem to help..