Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to get the application and their access from ServiceNow

DebashisPanda
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We have 10 applications in service now each having a workflow.
  Post approval for each application, we need saviynt to pull each user and its access request details from servicenow and provision same to target.

  Query:
  1 How to pull access requests from servicenow with req., useraccount and its access?
  2 which method to use post fetching above access , User update? for provisioning users to each application Target.

  Please share sample implementation.

Debashis Panda
7 REPLIES 7

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @DebashisPanda 

For #1, Have you already explored the ServiceNow App? you should be able to achieve this use case using SnowApp.

Below is the documentation for your reference.
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SNOW-Saviynt-Integration-v23x/page/Content/D-adms-usng-svynt-in...

For #2, I don't understand the requirement. Can you elaborate on the use case? and also the ask 'Please share sample implementation.'

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Sai,

The second query is as below.,

since we have 10 applications (i.e one REST based app, one AD Application etc) with whole approval flow in service now, that will generate individual approval request to each app, how can we push that automatically to saviynt, so saviynt can create tasks for each respective application which is provisioned to Target (say REST target app, AD target app), I mean here do we have sample which can show that different applications (user request from servicenow, account & corresponding access details) is gracefully pushed to saviynt by serviceNow app mentioned by you above?

Kindly advise if we have a sample showing these steps would be great.

Thanks

Mahesh

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Sai,

Explored serviceNowApp documentation, however I am not clear if that solves following problem:

REST API: ServiceNow: it should pull Users/accounts and ent mapping, which can be brought in saviynt & provisioned.
Basically, the aproved applications access/accounts and Users mapping needs to be fetched from ServiceNow which needs to be provisioned to respective Target application.

Expected:
1) AccountName/ID
2) Username
3) (Roles Or entitlements) OR both

REST API: ServiceNow: it should pull Users/accounts and ent mapping, which can be brought in saviynt & provisioned.
Basically, the aproved applications access/accounts and Users mapping needs to be fetched from ServiceNow which needs to be provisioned to respective Target application.

Expected:
1) AccountName/ID
2) Username
3) (Roles Or entitlements) OR both

Summary:

10 apps (ServiceNow) ---> Approve (ServiceNow) ---> User+Acc+Ent/Role (ServiceNow: Approved Users/accounts/ent association generated) ==> API to Get them to Saviynt and map same ===> Saviynt (Assign and provision it in Target):
Need Filter for Application in URL Via REST API, and the above expected values as outcome store to saviynt , which can be provisioned to Target.

Thank You,

Mahesh

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @mbh_it 

Based on my understanding from your summary, I believe you are trying to use ServiceNow as your Request/Approval system and Saviynt as your provisioning system.

If that's correct, SnowApp does support these use cases as I previously mentioned.

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Sai,

I appreciate your response and effort to help me. I looked at the help guide however I am not clear on implementation as the example is not documented clearly, or I feel there is a gap. Do you have a guide or customer implementation document for same OR a sample which shows one example for below flow, if it is it would be greatly appreciated !

10 apps (ServiceNow) ---> Approve (ServiceNow) ---> User+Acc+Ent/Role (ServiceNow: Approved Users/accounts/ent association generated) ==> API to Get them to Saviynt and map same ===> Saviynt (Assign and provision it in Target):
Need Filter for Application in URL Via REST API, and the above expected values as outcome store to saviynt , which can be provisioned to Target.

Thanks

Mahesh

mbh_it
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Sai,

I went through documentation and have few additional questions as below:

1. ServiceNow App where should this be installed on my computer or customer's or on ServiceNow side?

2. Does the app install lead to storing Data locally in a Database where the application is installed or synced directly between serviceNow and Saviynt via application configurations?

3. when approval flow is on serviceNow itself, if we set an Workflow engine, say saviynt side as auto approval as in serviceNow there is workflow so it says as below, so do we need workflow at both side and both side needs to do approvals ?

Auto-approval workflow is not preferred in Saviynt because the request will be auto-approved
and processed in Saviynt even before the approval flow is completed in ServiceNow App.

Kindly share some details and also best practices for this implementation if any?

Thanks,

Mahesh

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @mbh_it 

1. You will need to download the Saviynt App from the ServiceNow App Store and install it

2. App Data will be stored on ServiceNow DB and you will need Saviynt Service Account with necessary API privileges to establish connection between Saviynt and ServiceNow

3. when the workflow engine is ServiceNow, you still need to define one level approval workflow in Saviynt to hold the request and this gets auto-approved once all the approvals are completed on ServiceNow and no manual action is needed in Saviynt.

All the above cases and additional information is already available in the documentation. please refer to the below
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SNOW-Saviynt-Integration-v2020x/page/Content/FAQs.htm

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SNOW-Saviynt-Integration-v2020x/page/Content/C-confg-svynt-app-...