Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.
No ratings
Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Use Case

Customer wanted to add the new OU in the application name on the AD Group creation through the ‘Create New Role’ tile in the ARS page.

OU=Cloud,OU=Groups,DC=cad,DC=net

Pre-requisites

Need to have access to gsp file ( objectandpermission )

Applicable Version(s)

v5.5 sp.x

Solution

We can add the new OU details in the .gsp file from the following path in objectandpermission.gsp file. Please update the /opt/apache/apache-tomcat-8.5.29/webapps/ecm/web-inf/grails-app/views/roles/adgroup/objectandpermission.gsp file with new OU.

The following line needs to be added in the objectandpermission.gsp to add the new OU in the create new AD group page in the ARS.

"<!--<Adding OU groups"">-->
                <option value=""
OU=Cloud,OU=Groups,DC=rccad,DC=net"" ${rolesInstance?.customproperty24=='OU=Cloud,OU=Groups,DC=cad,DC=net'?'selected':''} >Cloud</option>

Note:  For EIC versions, if the gsp is not seeing from UI, you can add the gsp file in the external config file to display the gsp which is required.

Comments
poonammhetre
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@Darshanjain 

I have implemented similar changes on client environement. 

I could see new application names on create group form however when I check manage AD group form then application name field is not getting populated correctly?

Any additional changes are required to populate application name on manage AD group form?

poonammhetre_0-1709918571631.png

Thanks,

Poonam

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @poonammhetre 

What do you mean its not coming correctly? is it coming blank instead of showing in the App name ( custom ).

Thanks

Darshan

poonammhetre
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@Darshanjain 

Yes, Value is not populating with custom application name, instead it shows as 'Select'

poonammhetre_1-1710163586553.png

Thanks,

Poonam

Version history
Last update:
‎06/26/2023 11:37 AM
Updated by:
Contributors