Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday Custom Attributes Import

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to import the custom field data (Team_Name and Team_Reference_ID) from Workday into Saviynt. For this, I added the below mapping to the Workday SOAP connector, but it did not import anything.

CUSTOMPROPERTY31:Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data(Field_Reference->ID=='Team_Name').Value

<wd:Integration_Field_Override_Data>
<wd:Field_Reference>
<wd:ID wd:type="WID">xxxxx</wd:ID>
<wd:ID
wd:type="Integration_Document_Field_Name"
wd:parent_type="Integration_Document_Name"
wd:parent_id="Saviynt Dummy FO Service">Team_Name</wd:ID>
</wd:Field_Reference>
<wd:Value>Core Technology ServiceNow</wd:Value>
</wd:Integration_Field_Override_Data>
<wd:Integration_Field_Override_Data>
<wd:Field_Reference>
<wd:ID wd:type="WID">xxxxxxxx</wd:ID>
<wd:ID
wd:type="Integration_Document_Field_Name"
wd:parent_type="Integration_Document_Name"
wd:parent_id="Saviynt Dummy FO Service">Team_Reference_ID</wd:ID>
</wd:Field_Reference>
<wd:Value>TG_Finance_Systems_supervisory</wd:Value>
</wd:Integration_Field_Override_Data>

Any suggestions on what's wrong with the mapping?

11 REPLIES 11

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you confirm if this is a User import or an account import?

Regards,
Sahil

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

This is for User Import.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you share the complete JSON that you are using.

Also, do you see the value you are trying to store in the logs. Are the other attributes getting stored and whether its just an issue with Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data(Field_Reference->ID=='Team_Name')

Regards,
Sahil

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am trying to import two attributes in Saviynt from Workday, which are TeamID and TeamName. I added both mappings in the JSON, but it didn't work. It shows null in the logs.
Below is the mapping I have added:
CUSTOMPROPERTY31:Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data(Field_Reference->ID=='Team_Name').Value,CUSTOMPROPERTY32:Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data.Team_Reference_ID

It's working fine for the other attributes, which were already present in the JSON.

CUSTOMPROPERTY31:Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data(Field_Reference->parent_id=='Team_Name').Value

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

The workday connection is failing in our environment for some reason. Once it is fixed, I will test it out and share the results here.

CUSTOMPROPERTY31:Worker_Data.Integration_Field_Override_Data(Field_Reference->parent_id=='Team_Name').Value is not working. I am just seeing null in the logs.

Vipul
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Saviynt Team,

Any suggestions on how to pull custom attributes Team_Name and TeamID in Saviynt from Workday?

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you run your call in a SOAP viewer to see if the path you have defined is correct and that the result does display this information.

Regards,
Sahil

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Vipul I am also working on a custom field attribute. if you are able to populate the value, could you please share the attribute mapping path?

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Vipul were you able to validate the path and if this is fixed now.

Regards,
Sahil