Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Updating account attributes ad-hoc

ACrosthwaite
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey all looking for advice on how I can update an account attribute on an ad-hoc basis from within sav EIC.

We have a use case where we need to correct some data that is coming in from on prem AD and also EntraID, both of these are onboarded as connected systems.

I've tried to use the enhanced query execution job to update the account attribute unfortunately I get an error stating "Restricted Column. Cannot insert/update data in column A.

Query I'm trying to use is

SELECT '3' AS accounts__customproperty6, a.accountkey AS accounts__accountkey
FROM accounts a
WHERE a.accountkey IN('xxx')

We also don't have the option to just update the customproperty attribute on the other attributes tab of the accounts page as this attribute is not always populated (one of the reasons for wanted to update it) so it will not always be there to update.

Had it suggested we could use a csv to update the account but if it's possible we'd like to avoid that option.

3 REPLIES 3

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@ACrosthwaite Try below query in enhanced query execution job

SELECT '3' AS accounts__customproperty6,ac.accountkey as ACCOUNTS__PRIMARYKEY FROM ACCOUNTS ac where ac.accountkey IN('4021');

SumathiSomala_0-1706630678289.png

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

ACrosthwaite
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @SumathiSomala that worked. Can you please explain the difference between your SQL and my own as it's not obvious to me.

Every enhance query must have tablename_primarykey column name

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.