Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SMTP Communication via SC 2.0 Client

SS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to understand if the SMTP communication is via the SC 2.0 Client or directly from the  Saviynt tenant.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

NikitaPawar_
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

It would be helpful for you.
https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter06-Configuring-EIC/Configuri...

If this helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.
Regards,
Nikita Pawar

SS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

This documentation link is for configuring the SMTP service, which we have seen already. My question is specific, when the Saviynt tenant sends email notifications, does the Saviynt tenant reach out to the SMTP server via the SC 2.0 Client machine? This detail is not available in the documentation link you provided above.

If SMTP Server is on Prem then it will connect via SC2

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

SS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you @rushikeshvartak . So are you saying if the SMTP service is on-premise Exchange, the communication will be routed through SC 2.0 Client and if the SMTP service is O365, SC 2.0 Client will not be required. Am I correct in saying this?

yes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.