Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Roles & Entitlements section in Organisations module

Bharadwaj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

In the EIC versions, I see a two tabs(roles & entitlements) part of the Organisations module(Identity Repository>>Organisations). I would like to understand what is advantage if we assign roles & entitlements during the organisation creation step vs if we create the roles & entitlements separately(using Identity Repository >> Roles or Identity Repository >> Entitlements) .

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Bharadwaj ,

We have an option to create at one shot so that directly when creating org you can create roles and ent's and map it directly.

Thanks

Darshan

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Bharadwaj 

Using the Endpoint tab you can add and map endpoints to an organization. Based on which 3rd party application you want to map to an organization, you can add and map the endpoints to an organization. Endpoints added to an organization can be made available to users of the respective organization. For example, in Endpoint > Access Query you can specify the query and filter a specific organization and filter the endpoints while requesting using Access Requests.

Using the Roles tab you can add and map roles to an organization. Once the roles are added to the organization, the user existing in the organization can be given access to the entitlements in the role. You can also add the same role across multiple organizations.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Bharadwaj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Manu269 

Thanks for the response. I have a followup question on the second point you made related to Roles. Could you please elaborate on how can we achieve this automatically ?"the user existing in the organisation can be given access to the entitlements in the role

Thanks!

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Viewi...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.