Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Recommendation for accessing connection credentials in custom jar task

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm trying to create a task with a custom Jar.

The task requires connectivity to a connection which is Active Directory and would need to connect to AD using credentials stored in the Connection Details. Is there a way to access the credentials from Connection Object so that I don't have to place plain text credentials in my Jar or config file.

If Connection object can not be reused what will be the best way to specify secret credentials in my jar?

Thanks,
Ajith

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  1. You can't access connection JSON using saviynt API.
  2. for custom jar please use config file and encryption to store password and use in jAR

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

However to implement encryption we still need to specify a encryption key. How can we store this encryption key in a secure manner. Even if this is stored in a config file the key is still visible to others.

Thanks,
Ajith

Use 2 different config file one for encryption key another for secret

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.