Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Preventing Password Reset on first logon

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

We have enabled SSO (Using AzureAD as our IDP) and want to prevent users (which are already in Saviynt) being prompted to reset their password upon first sign in. 

From this forums post (https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/can-we-diable-the-password-reset-and-setting-up-se...) I can see that there appears to be an option for this in version 2021.x. We are working in 23.12. Is there an option for this use case in this version? If so, where do I find it?

Many Thanks 

Alex 

5 REPLIES 5

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

HI @Alex_Terry , If you have enabled SSO and all old / existing users already have done reset. You need to just make sure your user import is not setting up passwordexpired field and you should be fine.

Or you can query from Saviynt REST API all users still having passwordexpired value as 1 and update user call to set all to 0 and good to go.

Thanks,

Amit

If helped , please ACCEPT SOLUTION to close thread and help others know it worked.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use saviynt rest api to update passwordExpired to false https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9Ykhh4VH#5718ae10-293e-40a7-94d8-3a996ca161b4

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak and @AmitM 

When I investigate this attribute in the data analyzer I see that it is set to false for all users already however when I've tested this users are still being prompted to reset their password on first logon.

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Any update on this?

check from saviynt Get Users API

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.