Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Outreach - Authorization is not working for REST connector

Shilpa_B
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have Oauth2.0 authentication to generate access_token for Outreach application. When we run the job to import account, we are getting JWT token error. Same token is working from postman.

url-https://<hosturl>/api/v2/Users with Error Message-{"error":"Invalid JWT token.","description":"The JWT token could not be decoded."}

PFA for connectionJSON attached and postman response image.

postman_GET_Users.png

Any inputs to resolve this issue would be a great help!

Thanks,

Shilpa

13 REPLIES 13

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Shilpa_B 

Could you please generate a new token and try with that. Please ensure there is no space while copying and Bearer is kept before the token. 

Also please check the logs and share detailed error snippet/error codes (excluding URLs).

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Shilpa_B
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @Dhruv_S 

PFA the attached logs

Thanks,

Shilpa

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Shilpa_B 

I can see 400 error code while you get the above-mentioned error. Could you please add 400 in the 

"retryFailureStatusCode" and try again. Please use showlogs: true configuration and collect detailed logs.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Issue is fixed. It was wrong refresh token in connection JSON

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @Dhruv_S 

The issue is still not resolved.

The Refresh tokens expire after a time period, and the latest refresh token should be used to regenerate new access and refresh tokens.

I am trying the attached connectionJSON but still getting the error 'responseText:{"error":"Invalid JWT token.","description":"The JWT token could not be decoded."}, cookies:[], statusCode:400]"'

Please assist

Thanks,

Shilpa

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Shilpa_B 

Please use the attached connection JSON and let us know if it works and share the error message if it doesn't work. 400 error was missing from the retry failure status code and only mentioned in test connection params block. It could be the reason it is unable to retry to fetch latest code.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Shilpa_B
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@Dhruv_S 

I tried the above json by adding 400 at retryFailureStatusCode. It didn't work. Please find the logs in the attachment.

Note : I have masked the API in the logs

Thanks,

Shilpa

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Shilpa_B 

As per the logs, I can see that it is trying to get the latest token and trying to attempt till max refresh try count but it is not getting the token and failing the import. 

• Please confirm if the refresh token api is same as access token api. Please share the screenshot from postman. 
  • Also check if the initial access token is correctly entered in the connection JSON.
  • Please validate all the headers in connectionJSON are correctly matching with the headers from postman.

If you validate everything and still face an issue, we will open a FS ticket to look into it.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Shilpa_B
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @Dhruv_S,

access_token expires in 2 hours, refresh_token expires in 14 days

Please find my answers inline

• Please confirm if the refresh token api is same as access token api. Please share the screenshot from postman.  - Yes, refresh_token and access_token API is same
  • Shilpa_B_0-1711474019409.png

• Also check if the initial access token is correctly entered in the connection JSON. --> Updated the latest refresh_token in connJSON and I hard coded the latest Bearer token and tried, import was successful. Waited until access_token expires and ran the import again, the job failed with 400 error as mentioned in above logs.

• Please validate all the headers in connectionJSON are correctly matching with the headers from postman. - yes headers are matching.

Everything is validated but its not working.

Thanks,

Shilpa

@Dhruv_S  similar issue we are facing https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/rest-connector-token-is-not-re-generated-after-it-... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @Shilpa_B 

We have opened a ticket (#INC-2023794) for this issue.  

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

we have shared required details

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

This seems issue with v23.11

#Edited 

Updated ticket for more info

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak