Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Different workflows as per user attribute

gwagh
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

We have use case regarding to workflow where we have to check if user attribute cp1 is 'ABC' then user creation approval will go to 1st workflow, If cp1 is 'XYZ' then user creation workflow will go for another approval process. How we can configure this in single workflow?? Basically we have to trigger workflow while user will upload user creation request using User Management for external users.

Let me know the process for this use case.

Thanks ,

Gaurav

13 REPLIES 13

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use if else logic 

(dynamicAttributes.get('customproperty1') eq 'XYZ')

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter12-Workflows/Workflow-Compon...

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/saviynt-knowledge-base/workflow-condition-for-new-user-or-an-existing-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Is this will work while user creation?? User Manager will upload the csv file and then our workflow should be triggered let's say if user comment is 'Create Account in AD' then it should go for Manager and AD application owner, and if in the comment if I am passing 'Create Account in Salesforce' then it should go for Manager only. 

Yes it will work

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh Vartak,

As per your suggestion, I used if-else logic as (dynamicAttributes.get('customproperty1') eq 'XYZ') in my workflow but it is auto rejecting can you please help me with this. I have attached workflow screenshot for your reference.

what is name of dynamic attribute?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

We are not using dynamic attribute. we are using user attribute(comments). we tried below syntax.

user.comments ep 'ABC' 

users.commentes eq 'ABC' 

user.comments=='ABC'

users.commentes == 'ABC' 

users.commentes ='ABC' 

user.commentes = 'ABC' 

Let me know the correct syntax.

Basically the requirement is : Manager will create user in Saviynt via CSV import and in the CSV he will mentioned the comments based on comments we have to trigger different different workflows.

Ex. In the CSV 3 users are there, 1st user comment is 'ABC' the request should be auto approved , In the 2nd user comments is 'XYZ' the flow should go for only manager approval, In the 3rd user comment 'PQR' then request should go for Manager, then one user group then application owner.

Hope you understand the requirement. 

Thanks,

Gaurav

I have understood requirement and suggested solution.

You need to create dynamic attribute and make it hidden if you dont want to show to user and perform action.

Sample (user.statuskey == 0 and ((dynamicAttributes.get('statuskey') != null) and (dynamicAttributes.get('statuskey') == 1)) and ((dynamicAttributes.get('customproperty61') != null) and (dynamicAttributes.get('customproperty61') == 'Rehire')) )

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

this will check user attributes which is present in CSV ? or requestor comment it will check.

${ars_request.comments.equalsIgnoreCase('ABC')}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak  or can we check requestor Sav role ?? If Requestor Sav role is Admin the auto approve , Requestor sav role is AD_Admin then go for approval ?

Can we check this condition please share the sample query if we can do this.

You can do using dynamic attribute based on ${loggedInUser} will provide userkey of requestor

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thanks!

Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak