Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Delegation - Revoke Active Delegation

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Is there any way to immediately revoke a delegation?

I weren't ably to find any.

Cheers 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Set End date to current date/time.

If you want to update from DB then check delegates table

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @dgandhi,

Is there a way to update DBs directly now in 24.3? 

You can use enhanced Query Job

select DELEGATEKEY as delegates__Primarykey,now() as delegates__enddate from delegates where userkey=1;

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • You can update delegations end date.

Please share more details over use case

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

There we are hittingthe next issue. 
A user set the end date of a Delegation to be a past date (e.g. today is April 5th and the user set edited an active delegation to end on April 3rd).

Now it is not editable anymore and it is still active - I already opened a post in idea portal to make this behavior more secure - Bug Fix - Delegation not revoked, when enddate | Saviynt Ideas Portal

Any idea how to fix that? 

Dont set to past date. Set it future time,

Say if the delagate end date is Apr 5th , 1pm then change the end date to Apr 5th 1:05 PM.

Once its 1.06 PM the delegate will be expired automatically.

You can use enhance query job to update the db field or update it from UI.

I have tested this and it works.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Murmur
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @dgandhi 

Thanks for your reply. I'm well aware of that. 

My issue with that is, that this should be 

• a) impossible to set in teh first place
    OR
  • b) end the delegation to immediately (or whenever the respective job is running the next time)
  • It should be documented somwhere

It is now easily possible to create this bad configuration via the UI and hence should be easily revertible via UI. That is not the case, and what is even worse is the fact, that it leads to an insecure configuration. 

Thats why I opened the idea forum post 😉https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-5671 

Cheers

Created -

rushikeshvartak_2-1712634161870.png

Updated Past Date :

rushikeshvartak_3-1712634377461.png

It gives proper error in v24.4

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak