Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Additional AD Groups are not creating while Modifying "Virtual Desktop" Application.

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II
Hi Team,
While Modifying "Virtual Desktop" Application we are observing that when we are trying to add one or more Entitlement in Request Access page, tasks for additional AD groups are not creating i..e Add Access for Additional AD-Groups are not creating.
This Entitlements have been added under Other Entitlements Details of "Entitlements" in Virtual Desktop Endpoint.
As shown in below image:
rabirama_0-1698915030584.png
Note:Additional AD Groups are creating as expected while Provisioning, De-Provisioning.
Details steps to replicate has been attached for your reference.
Pending Tasks Screenshot for reference:
Expected Behavior: Along with these Additional AD-Tasks should be created.
rabirama_1-1698915184872.png

[This message has been edited by moderator to remove attachment with sensitive info]

20 REPLIES 20

Ishan
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

What is it showing in the logs? Are the mapped entitlements Active?

If so, can you check if the user already has access to the mapped entitlements because of which tasks might not have been created or marked as No Action required in Completed Tasks list. 

Ishan Kamat
Technical Architect, Professional Services
SaviyntLogo.png

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Ishan,

Thanks for acknowledgement.

1.We checked Logs but we couldn't find any discrepancy over there.

2.Yes, Mapped Entitlements are active.

3. Yes, user's do have already access to endpoint but while Modification when we are trying to add one or more Entitlement and remove one or more Entitlement, simultaneously than along with the Remove Access this common-mapped endpoint(Additional AD Group's)  is getting removed due to which users is not having access to the additional Mapped Endpoint.

Consider, below screenshot where we can have a clear idea that additional tasks is getting removed.

rabirama_0-1698990364788.png

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

Any further information required regarding this issue?

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@rabirama few items if you can confirm further,

1. Did you select anything for Request Filter when these ent were added?

2. What option was selected for Dependent Task?

3. What did you select for Exclude Entitlement?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Manu,

1.We haven't selected anything for Request Filter while adding Entitlements.

2.We have enable Dependent Task.

3.Exclude Entitlement's is turned off.

Please Find Below Screenshot for reference:

rabirama_0-1699438303196.png

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Any updates on above issue?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is expected behaviour any entitlement added under entitlement map it will not create add access task unless its requested from ARS Request Form

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi rushikeshvatak,

Could you please elaborate the process.

If any new entitlement map added from Admin --> Entitlements --> Other Entitlements- Entitlement map it will not be added to all existing account assigned to entitlements 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi rushikeshvartak,

This issue is not related to existing accounts, rather it is the issue in "Pending Task Creation" while Modifying a Virtual Desktop Account.

If possible can we please have a working session on your feasible time so that I can explain you properly and clearly the issue.

As explained earlier tasks will not be created upon adding new entitlement map

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi,

Any update on posted issue?

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Any updates on above issue?

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Any updates on this issue?

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Any updates on this issue?

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rabirama 

Thanks for reaching out to Saviynt Forums. We are working on this issue and will keep you posted.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rabirama 

I am able to replicate your issue and it is working as expected. Please note that I have tested it in V23.5

Step1.  An entitlement (Security-Training_Support_2020_Origin) is added in other entitlements-> entitlement map of an existing entitlement (TestApplication1)

Screen1.PNG

Step2. Created Add access request to modify an existing account (U007472) to add the entitlement TestApplication1.

Screen2.PNG

Step 3: Validated the pending tasks. Found that entitlement request is requested entitlement TestApplication1 and also for the entitlement present in the map (Security-Training_Support_2020_Origin) with same request id. 

Screen3.PNG

As expected the additional task is the dependent task.

Screen4.PNG

Please let me know if you are observing a different behavior. Is the dependent task not getting created for the entitlement in entitlement map? 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

rabirama
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Dhruv,

Thanks for you analysis, we do having a different behavior in current 23.9 version.If possible can we have a working session to know the current behavior better.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rabirama 

I have tested the above in 23.5 version. Let me check in latest version as well and I will let you know the current version behavior of this functionality.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rabirama 

I have tried in 23.11 version as well and tried to modify an existing account to add a new entitlement which have another entitlement mapped in other entitlements details->entitlement map. and task is getting created for both of them. Please note that I have tested these scenarios where the entitlement which was added in entitlement map was from the same endpoint. However, it should work for other requested endpoints as well.

In your scenario, could you please check and confirm if there is any other issue like below.

1. Entitlement in the entitlement map is from another endpoint which is not requestable. Are you able to create a request for this entitlement present in the entitlement map separately? What is the behavior when you directly request the entitlement which is currently in the mapped entitlement? Is it creating tasks there?

2. Please check if there is any workflow which might be making that entitlement in approval pending hence not creating task for it. 

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma