Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Adding enterprise roles to users in bulk

soumik_das
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

We have a list of nearly 2000 users and we have to assign  enterprise roles to them. So please can you let me know how can I add those roles to all the users at a single go.

Thanks and regards,
Soumik Das

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please use attached format for bulk upload from ARS - Multi user upload 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Please can you elaborate where should I upload the file. And also please can you tell whether only one role can be uploaded for a particular user or can we upload multiple roles for that user?

Thanks and regards,
Soumik Das

HI @soumik_das ,

Use bulk upload option using below steps.

1. Navigate to Request Home --> Request Access for Others - Multi Users -->Actions -->Bulk Upload Request.

2. Browse and attach the excel file. Attached the sample file (do not change the format of the file) to assign enterprise roles, update it with your data.

3. Select "What type of request do you want to upload?" : Access

4. Click Run Now.

pmahalle_0-1711637095663.png

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

1. Follow below "Request Access for Multiple Users"rushikeshvartak_0-1711637358140.png

2. rushikeshvartak_1-1711637383912.png

3. Click on Preview /Submit

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak , @pmahalle ,

I have tried uploading the roles but I am getting an error in validation that invalid role name, role name doesn't exists although I have checked that the role exists and I have given the proper name.

Please can you let me know the reason for such error?

Thanks and regards,
Soumik Das

Does role name & role type matching 

please share screenshot of same  and logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@soumik_das ,

Are you getting error for any specific role or all the roles which you are trying to assign through bulk upload?

Can you share the file along with role details screenshot for which you see the issue.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂