Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Duplicate Email accepted in Saviynt

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 24 2022 at 15:23 UTC

Hi Team,

We could see that even we had written proper logic in Email generation rule, Still saviynt system is allowing duplicate value .Due to this reason we are having multiple duplicate records.

Also My suggestion is why can't we have a checkbox kind of thing in Email Generation rule which checks the unique id.

This would definitely will resolve many of the customers who are having email generation rule with combination of FN.LN@Domain.com

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on January 25 2022 at 22:30 UTC

Hi Karthik,

How have you configured the email generation rules ? Using OOB drop down features or using a Advanced Config that uses a query ?

Can you share a screenshot of your rules ?

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 8 2022 at 12:56 UTC

Hi Avinash

we are using the basic configuration option with rules configuration. In short we have rule configured such as

FN.LN@Domain.com

However we have some usecases where user first name or last gets changed and in this case we have to manually update the email id.

Here I am looking out for a condition where if I try to enter an existing email id the system should throw me an error stating email already exists if I update a duplicate email. However this is not happening.

Regards

Karthik S

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 2 2022 at 00:52 UTC

Karthik,

The email column in the db is a non unique column so it allows you to have the same values. To avoid the duplicate issues what you can do is automate it. For e.g. Configure multiple rules using the Add Rule button to ensure it has more than 1 rule to run so that it can generate a unique email when/if it has to ?

In case of name changes, you can always use the user update rules to generate a new email address for e.g. last name changes.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri