Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Requesting more information on 'Organization' module capabilities

aksharkay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello all,

We have a requirement to manage user lifecycle for multiple organizations in the same Saviynt EIC instance. As they are different organizations, their user and account lifecycle processes will be different. Hence, we want to separate out the different artifacts (security systems, email templates, roles, rules, attribute set etc.) between all the organizations so that any logic applied to users part of 1 organization, does not impact users part of other organizations.

From the portal, we can see that some artifacts like roles, entitlements, endpoints can directly be added under an organization. But we need more information on what exactly can be achieved with this.

We are looking for a document which lists down all the capabilities and advantages of the Organization module. Though I did not find much on this in the Saviynt Documentation portal, I would appreciate if anyone can share a link, in case I missed it, or any knowledge they have on this module.

To be clearer, below are some of the points we are seeking insights on:

1. Can email templates be created dedicatedly for a specific organization and can different mailboxes be utilized for sending emails to users from different organizations?
  2. Can workflows be created dedicatedly for a specific organization?
  3. Can security systems be separated under organizations (as per my understanding, only endpoints can be separated)?
  4. Can enterprise roles part of one organization be requestable for users from other organizations?

There might be more questions as and when we delve deeper into this topic, hence kickstarting this thread for some active discussion. Will appreciate any sort of guidance on this.

Thank you in advance!

Akshar

5 REPLIES 5

mbinsale
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can refer to the below documentation links

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Man...

Also, we have a training available on our Training portal where you can learn about Organizations

Please refer to the training link below

https://saviynt.litmos.com/?C=5989211

aksharkay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you for sharing the links @mbinsale! I had already gone through the documentation, but it only mentions the configurations that can be made in the Organization object. But I feel I still do not fully understand what capabilities can be achieved using those configurations.

Also, it seems like I do not have access to the training link you shared. Can you please let me know how I can gain access to it?

Really appreciate your help!

Akshar

sarath_nadella
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Below inputs may help:

1. Can email templates be created dedicatedly for a specific organization and can different mailboxes be utilized for sending emails to users from different organizations?
    - Saviynt uses a single mailbox as I am aware. One option can think of - configure different FROM addresses in the email template that may serve the purpose. 

2. Can workflows be created dedicatedly for a specific organization?
    - No but, in a single workflow - logic can be written inside the workflow and add an additional level/different flow based on some key differentiator.  

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@sarath_nadella @mbinsale It would be great if we get more insights on how adding an entitlements, endpoints and role be used in organization module.

I see an issue inspite just adding subset of entitlement, roles and endpoints in Org does not help with Access request. My end user is presented with all EP, role and Entitlements in ARS.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Try using endpoint query to limit the access request.