Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Organization Update Rule - Custom Action

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi team,

We are implementing a parent-child linkage in organization. The parent organization represents the overarching entity, while the child organizations denote specific engagements under that parent organization. Currently, we need to configure the offboarding process. When a child organization is offboarded, we must remove the associated user(s) from that child organization. Additionally, if that user is not assigned to any other child organization, we need to disable that user.

To accomplish this, I am planning to utilize a custom action within the organization update rule. However, I require the following information to proceed:

1. How can I retrieve organization name/details within the code? Any sample code would be greatly appreciated.
2. Which API should I utilize to retrieve all users under a specific child organization?

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to remove inappropriate tags.]

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can implement this using custom analytics report.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks @rushikeshvartak 

Do I need custom analytics solely to get users within the child organization, or can I achieve this with custom analytics entirely? If so, how can I break the link between users and the child organization using analytics?

You need custom jar and explore saviynt rest api

Refer Saviynt API Documentation https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/API-Reference-Guide/page/Content/API-References.htm

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks @rushikeshvartak 

The actual information I need is if we are calling the custom JAR from a user update rule, then we have to use this particular class (UserCustomValidator) and method (doCustomPreprocessValidation(String userJson)), right? Similarly, what will be the class and method I have to use if I'm calling the custom JAR from an organization update rule, and how can I get the updated organization details inside that method?

Regards,
Gokul.

You can call saviynt rest api's 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak 
Thank you for your response, but I'm not sure if you understood my request correctly. I can call Saviynt APIs, but I want to know, similar to users, inside my custom code what is the format to retrieve organization details for which the organization update rule was triggered.

I can't comment until i see what is code written.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak