Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Need to understand task status

Mani
New Contributor
New Contributor

Below are the different task status listed in the saviynt documentation but want to understand on how/when tasks are marked as per below status. Because when the task is not provisioned and all provisioning tries are complete even task status show as "New" in our environment.

Any information on when the task status is changed can help us to understand the behavior.

TASK STATUS:

TASKSTATUS_NEW = 1
TASKSTATUS_INPROGRESS = 2
TASKSTATUS_COMPLETE = 3
TASKSTATUS_DISCONTINUE = 4
TASKSTATUS_PENDINGCREATE = 5
TASKSTATUS_PENDINGPROV = 6
TASKSTATUS_PROVFAILED = 7
TASKSTATUS_ERROR=8
TASKSTATUS_NO_ACTION_REQUIRED=9
3 REPLIES 3

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Mani 

Generally if the Api or task response is 200 but having a error will still keep the status in New . Also Once the provisioning tries reaches to 10, it will move to complete status . 

The error status is updated when there is response from Api saying error due to the reasons.

Thanks

Darshan

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I will try to shed some light on the meaning of some of these based on my learnings:

TASKSTATUS_NEW = 1
Task is new or still a candidate for provisioning (going through retries).

TASKSTATUS_INPROGRESS = 2
Typically seen when the task has been "claimed" as in the task will be completed manually (like for a disconnected app). When a task is 'In Progress' the WSRETRY jobs will not try to provision them.

TASKSTATUS_COMPLETE = 3
Provisioning was completed.

TASKSTATUS_DISCONTINUE = 4
Task was cancelled. 

TASKSTATUS_PENDINGCREATE = 5
TASKSTATUS_PENDINGPROV = 6
TASKSTATUS_PROVFAILED = 7
In practice I've never actually seen these and not sure what they would indicate.

TASKSTATUS_ERROR=8
Task is in an error state. View details of task to diagnose.

TASKSTATUS_NO_ACTION_REQUIRED=9
Task is not needed. Generally this is seen when a request for entitlement (Add Access) is made and the account already has the entitlement.