Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to use user creation form dynamic attributes in the email notification

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have a requirement of using user attributes in email notification.

These are the attributes I have used in email notification: 

User : ${user.firstname}, ${user.lastname},

startdate : ${user.startdate}

End date: ${user.startdate}

But, instead of form values, It is giving System Administrator as name and dates also different

Can anyone please help, that how we can use dynamic attributes of userform in email notification.

Note: User form is configured in global configuration -> identity life cycle

Thanks,

Padmavathi

11 REPLIES 11

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you please confirm when the email is triggered in this scenario? 

Please share the template details. 

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @adarshk 

Thanks for the response!

The email is attached to the approval workflow for user creation/ modification

We used this binding variable “${dynamicAttrsList.find{ it.attributeName?.equalsIgnoreCase('username') }?.attributeValue}”-

But this binding variable is giving the details of non sql query attributes ( ex: username, city, startdate, enddate, email). Attributes with sql query are null in template with this binding variable.

Can you please Share a binding variable to retrieve dynamic attribute values with SQL queries in the create user request form for email templates.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Padmavathi

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @adarshk and team

Can anyone suggest the way, that how we can achieve the functionality?

It is very important to complete ASAP, as we have client demo.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Padmavathi

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Padmavathi ,

I am not sure if we can use dynamic attributes from user form in email.

In below few articles, they have used few working binding variables, Can you try?

Solved: User registration form Approval Email - Saviynt Forums - 33291

Solved: Invitation-based-User Onboarding. - Saviynt Forums - 83593

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @PremMahadikar 

Thanks for the response!

This binding variable is giving the details of non sql query attributes ( ex: username, city, startdate, enddate, email). 

But I am unable to get the dynamic attributes which contains SQL Query in the user creation form under identity life cycle.

can you please help me that, is there any binding variable that can get the values of the attributes which are having SQL query?

I gone through the links, but didn't get the requirement for us.

Thanks.

Padmavathi

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Please share result

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

I tried with this but still didn't get our requirement.

This binding variable is giving the details of non sql query attributes ( ex: username, city, startdate, enddate, email).  

${dynamicAttrsList.find{ it.attributeName?.equalsIgnoreCase('username') }?.attributeValue}”

But I am unable to get the dynamic attributes which contains SQL Query in the user creation form under identity life cycle.

can you please help me that, is there any binding variable that can get the values of the attributes which are having SQL query?

Thanks,

Padmavathi

Hi @Padmavathi ,

I would appreciate it if you try and validate the following binding variable in your email template for getting the values of user in email for notification attached in workflow while create/modify of user.

In below example "lastname" is mapped user column.

${accessItems.collect{it.request_access_attrss.find{it.attributeName.toString().equalsIgnoreCase('lastname')}.collect{it.attributeValue}}}

Thanks 

Kishore

attributeName should be dynamic attribute name rather than user column

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @kishorekumarmb @rushikeshvartak 

Thanks for the response!!!

I tried with this binding variable as well, it is also working for non SQL attributes, giving null for SQL attributes in the create user form.

Thanks,

Padmavathi

can you share email template logic and dynamic attribute name screenshot 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak