Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Dataset in Policy

sandeepverma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I have created one dataset as per the below name and I want to use this data set in technical rule - object section.

sandeepverma_0-1666868900008.png

sample code 1: ${if(user.location.equals(dataset_values.attribute1) && dataset_values.datasetname.equals('ADGroups')){dataset_values.attribute2}}

sample code 2:  ${if(user.location.equals(select dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname  = 'ADGroups' and dataset_values.attribute1 = user.location)){dataset_values.attribute2}}

Both are not working so any anyone please suggest how can we use this data set.

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use like below

rushikeshvartak_0-1666882799908.png

a.userkey=268117 and a.customproperty64 in (select distinct dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'City' )

Change Query as per your needs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak,

I am trying to use the logic specified by you above but getting the following error:

ShubhamBabbar_0-1696592271554.png

I am on v23.9

This is my policy:
(##a.customproperty4 isupdated##) and (a.customproperty4 in (select distinct dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'ISO_COUNTRY_CODE'))

Can you please suggest what might be wrong.

Thanks,
Shubham

sandeepverma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh Vartak,

Thanks for your reply. 

But I want to put dataset query in Action part to populate the OU groups based on Location.

sandeepverma_0-1666932521507.png

suppose the below screenshot is our created DataSet.

sandeepverma_1-1666932931684.png

So whatever user's location I am getting during user import we want to compare that user location with our dataset and populate corresponding securitygroups in object section of Action part of Technical Rule.

Can you we do the same?

Thank you,

It’s not feasible 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @sandeepverma 

Its not possible to use those logics in the Action object

Thanks

Darshan

ShubhamBabbar
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Darshanjain 

I am trying to use the logic specified by you above but getting the following error:

ShubhamBabbar_0-1697456516436.png

I am on v23.9

This is my policy:
(##a.customproperty4 isupdated##) and (a.customproperty4 in (select distinct dataset_values.attribute1 from dataset_values where dataset_values.datasetname = 'ISO_COUNTRY_CODE'))

Can you please suggest what might be wrong.