Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.
No ratings
DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Use Case

1) If the customer wants to make changes to the email template and has asked to trigger a particular email that has already been sent

2) A particular email has been triggered already but has not been delivered to the respected personnel

Solution

Description :The information about the triggering of the campaign emails is stored in the "campaign" table.

The list of valid columns are as follows:

• firstremindermailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign First Reminder Email
  • secondremindermailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Second Reminder Email
  • thirdremindermailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Third Reminder Email
  • fourthremindermailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Fourth Reminder Email
  • fifthremindermailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Fifth Reminder Email
  • reassignmentmailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Reassign Email
  • completemailsent : Flag responsible for the Campaign Complete Email

If the value at any of the above mentioned column is "NULL", that means that the email has not been triggered.If the value is 1, then that particular email has already been triggered.

In order to retrigger a particular email,

1. Identify which template is supposed to be re-triggered
  2. Check the value of that email template in the "campaign" table
  3. If the value is "1", then set it to "Null"
  4. If the template in question is the "Reminder Email", then run the Campaign Reminder Job which will trigger the Reminder Emails

If the template in question is the "Consult Email", then run the Send Consult Email Job which will trigger the Consult Requested Emails

References:-

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/43000595308

Comments
rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@DixshantValecha few points where we need more clarification :

1. As pointed by @rushikeshvartak the reference link says You are not allowed to access the page.

2.  If the value is "1", then set it to "Null"  --> What is the best practice to get this updated? I believe running the query via custom query job would not be the best option.

Share the query that you are mentioning here.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Manu269 I was able to access the link,let me check on this and update you accordingly.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@DixshantValecha  Can you also help in addressing point 2?

ND
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rushikeshvartak @Manu269 That link is internal to Saviynt hence you are unable to access it.

Also for the 2nd point you can update it from the CustomQuery JOB

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

Since that link is internal to Saviynt, you are unable to access it.Also for the 2nd point you can update it from the CustomQuery JOB

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @DixshantValecha 

Day 1 :

Reminder email was sent
firstremindermailsent = 1

On Day 2 we notice that there was some issue in the template so we modify the template and make that firstremindermailsent = NULL
and again we run the campaign reminder job, so in this case will it send both Campaign reminder day 1 email (since we made the value = NULL) and Day 2 reminder email (as this was scheduled to go on Day 2)

Can you please confirm on above point?

Also above approach will send day 1 reminder to all the certifier? Correct?

Thanks

SRLee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, @DixshantValecha 

I have an issue while following your direction above, I don't know the reason my query get failed. 

There is no syntex error and I can see preview, but I get failure result when I run this query with enhanced query execution. 

I would like to set fifthremindermailsent as NULL and retrigger email reminder job.

Query : 

select NULL AS campaign__fifthremindermailsent, ID as campaign__PRIMARYKEY from campaign where ID=202;

version : 23.9

Thanks, 

Version history
Last update:
‎05/01/2023 07:28 AM
Updated by:
Contributors