Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Use of Privileges in Entitlement Type

haardik_verma
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We are trying to understand the uses of the "Privileges" in the "Entitlement Type" Page.

haardik_verma_0-1685515786589.png

What are the uses of this? 

In the Privileges tab, if I add an attribute, it looks like the dynamic attribute

haardik_verma_1-1685515846764.png

Can someone please share some common use-cases for this?

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma
4 REPLIES 4

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@haardik_verma Thanks for posting your question. Please check the section "Updating Entitlement Type" in the following article. Details about Privileges is there right after the table.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Viewi...

Thanks,

Nagesh K

Hi @NageshK , 

Thanks for sharing this. I think these documentations about privileges were added recently, or I might have missed it.

Can you please share any real life example use case of using privileges. Something more complex than the read-write example in the documentation.

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma

khalidakhter
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @haardik_verma 

This attribute is used majorly in those connectors which provide import/provisioning of fine-grained permission for entitlements such as Azure AD (ApplicationInstance), Azure (VM,ResourceGroup etc), CyberArk SCIM(Safe).

To view the fine-grained permission assigned to an entitlement for an account, You will need to click on the entitlement. It will open a box named Privilege with Permission Name and value. Refer to the below snippet for the same.

khalidakhter_0-1686303997300.png

Privilege attribute will also be shown during the provisioning scenario while request any entitlement type having a Privilege attribute. There will be another button will be shown next to the selected entitlement which can be seen in the below screenshot. It will assign the requested entitlement along with the privilege value if supported by the target application after running the WSretry job.

khalidakhter_1-1686304064815.png
Please let me know in case any query on this.

Thanks a lot @khalidakhter 
This will be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Haardik Verma