Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to create V2 Runtime analytical report in V23.3

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team, @NageshK 

We are working on Saviynt PAM -Splunk integration.

As apart of integration activity, we wanted to create V2 runtime analytical report in Saviynt but when we are trying to create runtime analytics then it's creating V1 runtime report not V2. (Screenshot attached)

Could you please check and let us know how we can create V2 runtime analytics in V23.3.

FYI - We have checked Global Configuration---> Analytics but we are not seeing 'Show Merged View' checkbox in V23.3

Steps

1. Click on 'Create New Analytics' and select 'Runtime Analytics'

UVP_0-1684767388812.png

2. As we can see following reports are created under V1 Runtime analytics

UVP_1-1684767428018.png

Thanks,

Umesh

15 REPLIES 15

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

While trying to create are you able to see analytic control as V1 or V2.

Normally with the above view it should always create v2 analytics.

Thanks

Darshan

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Darshan,

No, when we clicked on 'Intelligence---> Analytics Configuration List , we are not seeing any V1 and V2 options over page.

I know these options are available using 'Show Merged View' checkbox but this checkbox is not there in V23.3 .

Please validate same from your end in V23.3 and let us know on this.

Thanks,

Umesh

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi

can you run this query in data analyzer in your env and let us know

select * from configuration where name = 'MERGED_ANALYTICS';

Thanks

Darshan

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Darshan,

Please find attached output sheet. Let us know the next step to create V2 runtime analytics in V23.3.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @UVP 

Based on the above, The analytics should be created as V2 only, can you raise a FD ticket on this so that we can check more on this

Note: mention the forum link pls while raising the ticket

Thanks

Darshan

From V23.3 and above the option of choosing b/w merged view vs unmerged view is not allowed, Basically you are forced to see only merged view, hence you are not seeing that option in global configuration.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Analytics.h...

Also runtime analytics will always be created as V1 analytics

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @sk  Then How can we create V2 runtime analytics in V23.3 because while working on Splunk integration we are getting error like 'Runtime V2 analytics not found'.

Looks like the application plugin which we configured at Splunk is looking for V2 api and it's failing.

Let us know how you're handling this in your project.

Thanks,

Umesh

@UVP just to clarify my above statement Also runtime analytics will always be created as V1 analytics if you don't select Save Data otherwise it becomes V2. So try selecting Save Data with none as context option and see if that works.

For our use case it didn't work If we opted save data as it is not treating as runtime analytics.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

HI @sk @UVP 

No runtime analytics v2 is created, Not sure where you got the info from, when merged view is on, run time analytics is created as v2

Thanks

Darshan

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

HI Darshan,

Let me know how to turn it on. Do I need to perform any steps to turn ON merged view?

Thanks,

Umesh

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Its already ON , so if its still creating v1 analytics, raise a ticket and will check further.

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks Darshan for your help.

Yes, it's still creating V1 runtime analytics in our environment and I've already created freshdesk ticket #1629903 for this issue.

Thanks,

Umesh

@Darshanjain : I have clarified my statement

Regards,
Saathvik

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Perfect.

@UVP  Hope you got the solution you wanted.

If you dont select the option as savedata then it is created as V1 analytics. if you select the option as savedata then it will create as v2 and you can call the runtime analytics to run the analytics and get the data required.

Note: If you dont want to create v1 and always create in v2 then in global config you have the option, you can keep if off, so the save data is always enabled.

Darshanjain_0-1684840860689.png

Thanks

Darshan

UVP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you Darshan, After selecting 'SaveData' option we are able to create V2 runtime analytics.