Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

SAP HANA DB on Cloud - Saviynt Connectivity

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 7 2022 at 17:25 UTC

Hi All,

I am following instructions from (link below) to create a connection between Saviynt and a SAP HANA DB in the cloud using the DB method for provisioning and Deprovisioning. 

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000660887-sap-hana-connector

Saviynt Config I have:

URL: jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-xyzxyzxyzxyz.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443?databaseName=trialhana&encrypt=true

ConnectionType: DB (tried HANA too)

SSL Cert: Digicert-Root-CA

Drivername: com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver 

Username and password: <entered>

2) What is the location of the trusted store? 

jdbc:<specify sub protocol>:<specify server name>?databaseName=<specify database name>&encrypt=true&validateCertificate=true&trustStore=<specify location of trust store>

3) After we upload a custom driver, what will be it's driver name? need to enter it in the Driver Name section in Connections. 

The errors I am seeing when I do "Save and Test connection" on Saviynt: 

1) When using port 30040 on jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-XXXXXX.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:30040?databaseName=trialhana&encrypt=true

Saviynt is stuck on "loading..." after clicking save and test connection

4) Tried using port 443 on jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-xxxxxx.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443?databaseName=trialhana&encrypt=true

Error While Test connection: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-39d85ed5bfc2.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443 [Cannot connect to host ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-39d85ed5bfc2.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443 [Received fatal alert: protocol_version], -813.].

Note  - I was able to connect to the DB on port 443 using an Off the shelf DB connectivity software, so I believe Saviynt should connect to the DB on 443.

5) Will default driver com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver work for HANA Cloud DB? seems like we need to use com.sap.cloud.db.jdbc which I don't think is on Saviynt. 

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
2 REPLIES 2

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 9 2022 at 15:18 UTC

Hi Chandu,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Please find our response inline.

I am following instructions from (link below) to create a connection between Saviynt and a SAP HANA DB in the cloud using the DB method for provisioning and Deprovisioning.
https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000660887-sap-hana-connector
Saviynt Config I have:
URL: jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-xyzxyzxyzxyz.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443?databaseName=t...
ConnectionType: DB (tried HANA too)
SSL Cert: Digicert-Root-CA
Drivername: com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver
Username and password: <entered>

-> We recommend ConnectionType : 'HANA' for reconciliation.

2) What is the location of the trusted store?
jdbc:<specify sub protocol>:<specify server name>?databaseName=<specify database name>&encrypt=true&validateCertificate=true&trustStore=<specify location of trust store>

-> Could you please provide us with the Saviynt version you are on, because this information differs from version to version.

3) After we upload a custom driver, what will be it's driver name? need to enter it in the Driver Name section in Connections.
The errors I am seeing when I do "Save and Test connection" on Saviynt:
1) When using port 30040 on jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-XXXXXX.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:30040?databaseName=trial...
Saviynt is stuck on "loading..." after clicking save and test connection

-> This information is set by the customer/partner, as the customer/partner is uploading the driver. Please reach out to your application team or look for it on the docs for the driver(https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/43000660887-sap-hana-connector).

4) Tried using port 443 on jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-xxxxxx.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443?databaseName=trialha...
Error While Test connection: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-39d85ed5bfc2.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443 [Cannot connect to host ba3ac2f6-a791-4e23-92a1-39d85ed5bfc2.hana.trial-us10.hanacloud.ondemand.com:443 [Received fatal alert: protocol_version], -813.].
Note - I was able to connect to the DB on port 443 using an Off the shelf DB connectivity software, so I believe Saviynt should connect to the DB on 443.

-> Post uploading the certificate to the environment, did you restart the app instance?

5) Will default driver com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver work for HANA Cloud DB? seems like we need to use com.sap.cloud.db.jdbc which I don't think is on Saviynt.

-> Please try with the information provided by your application team and restart the app. We have mentioned in our guide that "Specify the driver used to connect with SAP HANA database"

Regards,
Belwyn.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 9 2022 at 17:11 UTC

Hi Belwyn,

Thank you for the response, and advice. Will sync with app team.

Kind regards,

Chandu