Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Privileged Access Request Comment

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

When submitting a privileged access request for Credential or Credental-less accounts, the initial business justification field is optional. However, on the next screen (Confirm and submit) the 'Comment' field is required. I cannot find a location that controls this value. In Global Config 'Role Request' module, comments are not required already for enterprise role or emergency access role. That is the closest thing I could find that might control this but it does not seem related. There is no configuration in PAM global config around this.

6 REPLIES 6

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@BrandonLucas_BF Yes, we do not have a config to turn off comments for Privileged requests at this point of time. Are you looking to not have any comments at all for Privileged Requests?

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I wish to make them optional.

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@BrandonLucas_BF Please submit this requirement in the ideas portal (https://ideas.saviynt.com)

Thanks

Nagesh K

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@BrandonLucas_BF Do you know if this has already been implemented?. If it is implemented can you please let us know in which version of Saviynt it is implemented?.

Thanks,

Atul Singh

xurde

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I believe v23.8 improved this functionality, but we have not tested it yet so I'm not sure it is exactly what we requested.