Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Is CPAM supports PAM for accounts utilized within Application Servers(Data source)?

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Team,

Is Saviynt capable of supporting PAM for integration with application servers like Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, etc.? 

Use case:

1. We have service accounts within databases, and some of them are utilized in the data sources of application servers.
  2. Now, we want to securely vault the credentials for these service accounts in Saviynt.

If we proceed with this, how can the application teams seamlessly integrate with Saviynt to automatically retrieve these credentials? I'm aware that we do support code-based integrations via REST API, but I'm uncertain about the specific use case mentioned.

I've reviewed the Feature Support Matrix document, but it doesn't seem to list the use case described above. For instance, the document mentions that Windows service accounts used in Windows processes like Services, IIS App Pools, Scheduled Tasks, are not supported. However, it doesn't address the scenario discussed in this post. I'd like to confirm whether this use case is supported.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.
4 REPLIES 4

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Saathvik,

When we say automatic retrieve, I assume you are talking about programmatical retrieval of password without human intervention?

REgards

Gazala

@gazanjum : Yes without manual intervention injecting the passwords in respective configurations.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Saviynt uses the mechanism of long lasting token. Attaching the link for your reference

Application to Application Password Management : Customer Portal (freshdesk.com)

@gazanjum : First of all link is broken(looks like it is referring to old documentation portal), Also when you say long lasting token then you might be referring to API method which is not feasible for the above use case I have mentioned.

Regards,
Saathvik