Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Implication of changing connection type

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm curious if others have any experience with changing the connection type of an existing connection. I know there is some limitation around this. The documentation (https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v232/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Viewi...) clearly states that it cannot be done. However, within a "connection type" family (like AD, REST, etc.) it does seem possible to change the connection type.

I'm wanting to experiment with changing the connection type from AD to ADPAM_TEMPLATE. I see that it's going to wipe out my AD config when I do this. Are there any other downstream impacts I should be aware of?

Basically, trying to decide if it makes sense when deploying CPAM to create a new AD endpoint for privileged access around an AD domain, or to use my existing connection per domain for a consolidated view.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

It appears that changing the connection type is possible but in my case it was unnecessary. The core issue I was encountering was that PAM had not been abled on my tenant, so I was missing configuration I was looking for.