Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to configure a default value for "Owner on Terminate"

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

yogesh_0-1664204632530.png

I want to set "Owner on Terminate" to "Manager" for all existing users as well as any future users.
Is there any configuration available to set this as default, in global config or external config?

Or S4S is the only way?

3 REPLIES 3

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@yogesh,

If the owner on Terminate is not set, generally the Manager is picked up by default for succession of ownership purpose. 

What exact use case you are looking to achieve ?

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thanks @avinashchhetri 

This works for me, even when "Owner on Terminate" is not assigned the user update rules assigns the line items to the manager of the inactive user. 

Is there any way we can configure a report with all the line items that are reassigned as a part of this Transfer, like all the user groups/direct reports/service accounts/requests that got re-assigned ?

shibinvpkvr
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@avinashchhetriis there a way to set the "Owner on Terminate" defaulted to secondary manager? I understand from your above explanation, if this value is empty, manager is defaulted. We can also populate the value using Modify User Data JSON. But is there a global config to default this value?