Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Getting error when creating Run-time Analytics control "Column COMMENTS are restricted from use."

BrentH
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am trying to follow the below article step by step using the same information they have in the screenshots

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000641901-fetching-report-data-via-api

When I try to preview or create the Run-time Analytics control I get the below message 

"Column COMMENTS are restricted from use. Please specify columns other than these. Also, use of symbols <,>,& in column name is restricted."

Probably something simple I am missing.

5 REPLIES 5

jayasudha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi BrentH,

Greetings. Thank you for reaching out to us.

This is the expected behaviour. Actually the column "comments" is restricted to use in Analytics. If you are trying to fetch the data from "comments" column you will get this error. Could you please share the query you use if possible.

Thanks and regards,

Jayasudha R

Thank you for the quick response. Below is the query

select * from users where manager = ${manager} and username = ${username}

jayasudha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi BrentH,

Instead of * in the above query if you specify the column names (avoid "comments" and "updatedate" column) you try to fetch you can avoid this error.

Thanks and regards,

Jayasudha R

Ahh Perfect that was the issue, thank you Jayasudha

jayasudha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi BrentH,

Thank you. I am glad that it helped you. Please reach out to us for any more queries.

Regards,

Jayasudha R