Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlement Custom Property Renaming

KarlaCB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All,

I am currently working with my team to rename some of the custom property labels in our portal so that the names have more meaning to us rather than just seeing custom property 1 or custom property 2. 

Now we are interested in uploading the asset information when the systems are initially bootstrapped, and we wanted to understand what kind of effect updating the custom property label may have on the configuration. For example let us say we want to add a label for system location and we have renamed custom property 22 ---> Location, during the bootstrap what is the label name we should map the system location to? Should we use the old name custom property 22 or use the new name Location.

NB: The label name that the value is being updated for is Entitlement.CustomProperty22.Default.label

3 REPLIES 3

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@KarlaCB Thanks for posting your question. Customizing the labels will not impact the Bootstrap functionality. Also, can you please elaborate on where exactly are you referring the custom properties during the bootstrap process? Is it the customproperty43 (for holding the account visibility control)? Or is it something else?

Thanks,

Nagesh K

KarlaCB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @NageshK,

As pertaining to the bootstrap I am referring to the custom property labels under endpoint details. Here we see labels like custom property 1 and custom property 2 etc. I want to rename the labels to offer a better more meaningful UI experience to users and I just wanted to ensure that doesn't affect the label name in the backend (which can lead to messing up configurations).

I also I was wondering if you knew how these custom property fields can be automatically populated during bootstrap? Is it that we are supposed to use the pam config file for this?

Thanks,
Karla C

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@KarlaCB Yes, you can update the labels through admin -> settings -> User Interface Branding Configuration and these changes only impact what you see. They do not impact any functionality/configurations. please note that once you modify the labels, you will have to restart the application through Admin -> Admin Function -> Application Restart for the changes to get reflected. 

For more details, please refer to the following doc portal article : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Custom...

And here is an example of the label name for endpoint's customproperty22

NageshK_0-1685127655350.png

All these customproperties get populated automatically during the bootstrap process. You cannot customize the mapping of these properties. 

Thanks

Nagesh K