Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

CPAM SMTP configuration

lionelrl
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Dear Team, 

We are trying to configure SMTP for the outgoing email (notifications). Out client does not have an external SMTP relay and also no SMTP user / password. I would like to understand if username password is mandatory, also can internal SMTP relay can be used? please advise. 

Thanks,

Lionel

4 REPLIES 4

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@lionelrl Thanks for posting your question. Here is an article that provides informaiton about how to configure SMTP. Please check the section "Configuring the Outgoing Email Server Using OAuth". For OAuth only Microsoft Outlook is supported.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Thanks

Nagesh K

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Also regarding your other question for userid/password - even if the smtp does not need still provide dummy userid and password

lionelrl
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I updated dummy user and password. Now I'm getting the below error. Please advice.

lionelrl_1-1686240670904.png

lionelrl
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The issue has been resolved , I had to update the trusted host value.

Thanks,

Lionel