Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Binding variables not getting displayed in Email template

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We are trying to send out an email approval notification when a user request for a credentials/credential-less account, however the desired variables are not getting printed.

Template body:

"Dear Tool Owner,

You are receiving this email because you are a designated approver for access to endpoint: ${endpoint}

Access has been requested for ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} for accounts: ${accounts.name} with ${requestid}"

a.)The attributes that are not getting published: ${endpoints}, ${accounts.name}
b.)The attributes that are currently getting published: ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}, ${request.id}

gazanjum_2-1678875187888.png

We have tried modifying the 'endpoints' variable to 'endpoint', however with no positive outcome. This has been tried in 2021, 2022 and 2023.2 versions and the output remains same.

Could someone help me on the same.

10 REPLIES 10

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Endpoint and accountname are not exposed in PAM requests, 

Refer: https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/privileged-access-management/binding-variables-for-privileged-access-r... to get the details of endpoint and accountname

For requestID use: ${requestid}

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have tried the mentioned solution however I am getting the below error when the email is trigerred:

gazanjum_0-1679046052097.pnggazanjum_1-1679046135387.png

Do you have Advanced CSS enabled if not please enable it and try. If it still fails pls share the logs with respective error

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Tried with the suggested approach, still getting the same error. I was not able to find anything in the logs however I found that everytime I am trying to access any account after this template is applied to the workflow, the email history job fails with the below error:

gazanjum_0-1679058156171.png

Please note that this does not happen with other workflows like Role Elevation etc.

Okay that helps

Change displayname to displayName

Regards,
Saathvik

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi sk,

I tried the above solution and it worked in v2021, could you please also share the binding variable for 'comments'. 

REQ: When a user requests for a password check-out session they add comments(mandatory field) before submitting the request, is there a binding variable to print the comments data in the email template.

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Also Saathvik, this has stopped working in version 2023.2, however it works fine in 2021. @NageshK any thoughts.

Regards

Gazala

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sk Can we display the Endpoint variable when a user is requesting for an Entitlement from the ARS page. Home-->My Access-->Request New Access-->Select the Endpoint Tile-->select the account--->select the Entitlement.

Can you please help me with the variable to get the Endpoint details when the above request is raised.

@gazanjum : Try below variables for Endpoint

${request.endpointascsv} or ${com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Accounts.get(request_access.accesskey)?.endpointkey?.displayname}

Regards,
Saathvik

vikasjv
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@gazanjum 
Thanks for reaching out.
You may refer below article for the supported CPAM Email binding variables.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/CPAM-Admin-Guide-v23x/page/Content/K-Request-Provision-Config/C...

Regards,
Vikas J V

If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.