Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

XML File Management for Users Import from Database job

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I know there have been recent improvements to file management in Saviynt EIC. Are we still required to open a ticket with Saviynt support for file management around the "Users Import (Complete) from Database" job?

Both uploading new XML files or replacing existing.

BrandonLucas_BF_0-1682091272980.png

11 REPLIES 11

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Uploading xml file is yet not supported from UI. but you can have this xml on connection level instead of saviynt tkt

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Currently we have 2 jobs using the XML files uploaded to the EIC instance by support. I have a need to add a third job. The 2 existing jobs will stay the same (for now).

Are you saying we can use 'USERIMPORT' config in the SaviyntForSaviynt connection to achieve this third job? Then schedule user import for SaviyntForSaviynt connection?

Is this a scalable approach if we in the future have more use cases for this?

You can have only 1 user import xml per connection. You can do via support or you can create new connection

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I opened a ticket on this and support indicated they no longer have the ability to upload XML files for this purpose. The preferred route is the userimport config in Saviynt for Saviynt. This is a bit challenging because today we have 2 existing XML files in use. These jobs run on different schedules as some of the need around user import is to manipulate custom properties and there can be a need to have specific timing for specific queries. Can someone from Saviynt confirm that there is no way for support to upload new XML files for customers? Without being able to do that we will need to rethink the way we use SaviyntForSaviynt for our existing jobs as well as this new use case. As far as I know we cannot create additional SaviyntForSaviynt connections to have separate userimport values (which would be extremely inefficient anyway).

[This post has been edited by a Moderator to bold the question.]

Following up on this again.. does anyone from Saviynt have thoughts to share?

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Any feedback please?

Hi @BrandonLucas_BF ,

Let me check on this and get back to you.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Hi @BrandonLucas_BF ,

After checking internally, we do not support XML Upload in EIC.

We already have an enhancement request in place for this - https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-2375

Thanks.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Daanish - That enhancement request says it is shipped so I'm confused.

We have 2 existing jobs that use 2 different XML files for import. How do I add a third? If I cannot add a third, is my only option to update the userimport config in the Sav4Sav connection to run all 3 SQL queries necessary at the same time each time the job runs (2 existing queries from XML files, plus the new one)?

My understanding is that specifying any value at all in UserImport config will override a selected XML file on the job.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@DaanishJawed we are also looking for calrification on this part.

We have smiliar item where 1 job is utilizing the xml file. Can someone assist if it is still supported and how can this be updated in future?

EIC version : 23.1

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Hi @BrandonLucas_BF @Manu269 @rushikeshvartak 

Right now for EIC version only one xml is supported which is provided at connection level, so uploading of xml's are not yet supported, but this has been take under as a enhancement as many customers requested it. Now Engineering and product team is working on it on how to provide the upload of xml via UI but there is no ETA for it.

It may or may not be available in the future as still Engineering team is checking internally how can we get this done, so for time being we would recommend you to use one xml per connection and if possible you can change the design as per your requirements .

Thanks

Darshan