We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Workflow If else/ Custom Assignment Issue

Souvik
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have an additional requirement for Workflow. Where in the existing workflow the request is first getting triggered to one user group after the user group approve it will went to the entitlement owner approval.

Now all roles which begin with ERP* we need to send a mail to another group(only mail triggering no approval required after the entitlement owner approves the request this mail should triggered).Apart from roles that start with ERP* their are roles that does not start with ERP.

The following query is giving me the response in Data  Analyzer correctly.

select entitlement_value from entitlement_values where entitlement_value like "ERP%" and (entitlementtypekey=25 and status=1)

I tried 2 approach to do it.

1. With If-Else block but I am facing difficulty to write the groovy expression. Also If -Else block does not content any email triggered section how to include the email as well?

2. I tried with the custom assignment and put the above query but the issue that I am facing is custom assignment has approved , reject option the reject option. I dont want that users who are requesting for roles that does not have ERP went to reject access block.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Souvik Dey

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can do this via custom java code using Action Event Block of saviynt

rushikeshvartak_0-1659480191570.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

amit_krishnajit
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Souvik ,

You may use the Email Template in the Grant Access Block after all approval is completed in the workflow. You may want to handle the logic of when to send an email and not send an email in the email template itself. You may want to manipulate the TO field in the email template. 

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

In the grant access block we are already triggering mail to the requestor and one user group mail I added in CC part that the request had been approved and the user group needs to perform some modification from there end.

So I cant include the new group email there as the mail will become very large(Client dont want as well) and It will trigger to the requestor  and 2 group.

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Create an email template for the new group with conditions on the entitlement_value as needed and assign it as a task creation email template on the endpoint level. Maybe that will satisfy your requirement.

Sivagami_0-1659639946236.png

-Siva

Souvik
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Siva,

Can you please provide me any sample how to create email templates with conditions on the entitlement_value as needed .

Thanks,

Souvik Dey