Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflow if Else condition bypassed

fouriefb
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Good morning experts,

I have a workflow for create user request as well as update user request that contains some multiple if else conditions.

The first part if employeetyoe eq to 'Staff' works as expected, although i have another If else condition on the false leg of this one for employeetype eq 'Saviynt Admin'. This last portion gets bypassed however and goes straight to the false leg of second if else condition which we use for third party user creation.

Below screenshot depicts current workflow. the second if else was added recently but cannot get working so right email templates can go out to approving manager.

fouriefb_0-1682405491301.png

When request is approved (which was sent on third party part of workflow) account gets created and EmployeeType is indeed 'Saviynt Admin'

Any advise on above.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

DaanishJawed
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @fouriefb 

Thanks for reaching out.

• At the time of the request submission, are you sure the employee type is 'Saviynt Admin'? I am asking this because when the account gets created, it can be possible that the employee type is being populated at the time of creation.
  • Are you referring the employeeType variable to a dynamic attribute on the create/update user form?

Thanks.

Hi @DaanishJawed 

We got this resolved though, but you are right.

As the user's employeetype only gets populated at creation, we used the employeeType from Dynamic attribute instead and this worked.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Hard to see image (share xml) and confirm  'Saviynt Admin'  and not end with 'Saviynt Admin"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.