Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Workflow - bypass entitlement owner approval when no owner is specified?

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I cannot find anything specifically in the documentation about this, but I am recollecting (perhaps incorrectly) that at one time within workflow the detection for entitlement owner occurred automatically.

For example, if you have a three step workflow: 1) Send to user group for approval, if approved 2) Send to entitlement owner for approval, 3) send to manager for approval

In this scenario must you configure a condition block to check for entitlement owner or will it automatically go from step 1 >> step 3 if there is no entitlement owner for the specified entitlement on the request?

I am testing only on a one-level workflow and it appears to *always* assign for approval even if the entitlement owner is not there. It will assign to the admin user instead.

BrandonLucas_BF_0-1663877990739.png

3 REPLIES 3

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@BrandonLucas_BF,

If there is no entitlement owner for the requested entitlement and you have a workflow element for approval, by default, it goes to Admin.

If the entitlement owner themselves is requesting the access, then that step should be auto approved.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

@BrandonLucas_BF Please use below 2 condition which will satisfy your requirement

No Owner : entitlement.entowners.size() eq 0

Owner & Requestor is same : entitlement.allowner.contains(user.username) eq true

rushikeshvartak_0-1663905211216.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thank you both. I had limited success with the condition block until seeing the example from Rushikesh. It works perfectly. Cheers!