Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Workflow Approval - Do not Auto Approve if Manager is Requester

adriencosson
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hello,

We have a use case where :

1. Approval Workflow has 2 Levels, the first one is "Manager Approval"
  2. When the requestor submits the requests, an External Risk connector is set up to evaluate SOD using SAP GRC.
  3. Requirement : In order for the manager to systematically review the SOD following the request, we want the manager to approve / reject the request, even if Requestor = Manager of the beneficiary.

As of now, when Manager Approval is set in workflow, if the Requestor is the identity's manager, the request is automatically approved.

Question : How can we force the manager to approve the request he performs ? 

Regards,
Adrien COSSON
5 REPLIES 5

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @adriencosson 

I would suggest you to use other Custom assignment block instead of manager and assign  it to manager, only Manager block will take it to auto approve, other block it will still ask for approval.

Thanks

Darshan

adriencosson
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Darshanjain

That was my expectation as well. I have setup the Custom Assignment using the following query : 

SELECT userkey from users where userkey = ${user.manager}

It is calculating the manager as expected. Unfortunately, it is still putting the request to Auto Approved..

adriencosson_0-1677848906718.png

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

Even custom assignment block will auto approve the request if requestor and approver are same. I can't think about any other solution that would work for you

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Right now there is no way to achieve as saviynt will approve if the requestor is manager as per the OOTB behaviour. 

adriencosson
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Alright, thanks lads for the quick head up !

Regards,
Adrien COSSON