Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

workday soap connector

Former Member
Not applicable

Hi,

When I attempt to create a Workday SOAP connection type, I see many options in the connection type field: 

Capture.JPG

Which option do we choose for workday soap connector? Can someone explain why there are so many options?

4 REPLIES 4

Manikanta_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Former Member ,

Please refer to the below documentation:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/WD2-v2021x/page/Content/Workday-Integration-Overview.htm

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Manikanta.S

Former Member
Not applicable

I have seen that documentation and it doesn't explain which connection type to use. What is the difference between "workday_soap (workday)" , "workday-SOAP" and "workday_soap (workday-SOAP)" ? 

Which one would you choose from that drop down in my post,  if you had to create a 'workday soap' connector?

Hello @Former Member ,

In that case all of these are valid connections.

1) The connections which you see in the brackets (  "workday_soap (workday)"  "workday_soap (workday-SOAP)" )  are the templates which are pre-populated with JSONs.
-> You can select this and validate , if these would be useful for your use cases.

2) "workday-SOAP" - will be a connection which is not populated with any JSONs.
-> You can define your own.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Manikanta.S

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Hi Asamant,

Please find the details below :

1. Workday_SOAP: Use this template to import users, accounts, and organizations and to perform provisioning operations such as managing accounts, accesses, emergency access IDs, and passwords.

2. Workday_RaaS: Use this template to import security groups, domain security policies, business process security policies, organizational roles, tasks and reports, and audit reports using Basic authentication.

3. Workday_HYBRID_BASIC: Use this template if you want to use a combination of features supported by SOAP and RaaS with Basic authentication.

4. Workday_HYBRID_OAUTH: Use this template if you want to use a combination of features supported by SOAP and RaaS with OAUTH authentication.

If apart from this you are able to see other options I suggest open an FD ticket with saviynt.

Note : Please review each option types thoroughly based on your requirement.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos