Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why there is no feature to delete users from tenant

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Team,

In our tenant, while uploading something via a excel sheet accidently, some 100 dummy users got created in PROD environment with no values like first name, last name etc.

After that we got to know there is no feature to delete those dummy IDs from the tenant, even not from the backend.

Before raising this on Ideas portal here I just want to know what are your thought about having this feature?

Jaya_0-1669374764249.png

Thanks,

Jaya Karothia

Thanks
Jaya Karothia
5 REPLIES 5

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Jaya

After the users are created in EIC, you cannot delete them. However, you can make them inactive.

We should never ever be deleting users in production. What you can do out of the box is that scrambling the IDs and they can be kept inactive and will not show up anywhere in the system.(Considering audit concern)

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000571856

Srinivas_0-1669377424258.png

Regards

Srinivas

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Srinivas,

Yes we have already changed status of those IDs to Inactive but In cases like this, we should at least have option to hide those IDs, can we hide such IDs? because I know we cannot delete them.

When we open the users tab, the page got open with these IDs. So any functionality to hide such dummy IDs?

Jaya_1-1669702184812.png

Thanks

Jaya

Thanks
Jaya Karothia

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Jaya

Inactive ID's could still be governed i.e. reported for GDPR purposes.

That is the reason you cannot Mask/Delete users.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Jaya
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Yes for genuine users I understand it is important but if somehow dummy IDs got created then there should be an option to delete them.

Thanks

Jaya

Thanks
Jaya Karothia

Srinivas
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Jaya

As per GDPR you should not delete those Id's just keep those username with some suffix as invalid.
This is only option we have.
Thanks & Regards
Srinivas