Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why the assignedFromRule column is empty for a task that is triggered by technical rule?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Saviynt Expert,

I have created a technical rule to assign an application account to a new user. I expect the arstasks table for this request will set assignedFromRule with the rule id /rulekey which triggered this event.

However, when I search the generated task, this column is empty. Any idea for this behavior? How can find out all tasks triggered by a specific rule?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Is the technical rule a birthright rule or how are you triggering it? Can you please add the configurations for your rule?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

it is birthright rule. the configuration is very simple, its condition is users.city=mycityname, then create a selected target account. the rule will be applied for new user created on UI.

What do you mean by "add the configurations for your rule"? 

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I meant add a screenshot for the rule so that I could check the rule configs but your description is good enough now. Let me get back to you on this.

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The new account task will not have assignedfromrule populated. Only an Add access task will have assignedfromrule value populated in the arstasks table incase the access is assigned via a rule. 

This is the expected behavior. 

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Oh. thanks for your information.

if that case, how can I identify the account operation is triggered by manual request, by rule, or by role assignment etc.?

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can try using the source column in arstasks table. It would say ZERODAY in case of birthright assignment or request in case of request or roles in case of roles. However, for new account tasks it won't be possible to identify which exact rule or role led to the creation of the task.

If you need a general report if the account was created using which source, that can be fetched using the source column.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Rule information is currently not stored in arstasks

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.