We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Why Saviynt Connector Framework Import Data format has redundancy data enforced?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

When I check the Developer Hand book of Saviynt Connector Framework with following URL and search "Understanding the Format of Import Data":

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000674602-developer-s-handbook-for-saviyn...

It said: You must specify the data that you want the reconcile() method to return in the List of List of Map format (Java).

[[{Account1}, {Ent1}, {ACCOUNT_ATTRIBUTES}] [{Account2}, {Ent2}, {ACCOUNT_ATTRIBUTES}]] 

With this data structure and its example. if Account1 has 1000 entitlements. the list [{Account1}, {Ent*}, {ACCOUNT_ATTRIBUTES}] will have to be repeated 1000 times for same {Account} and {ACCOUNT_ATTRIBUTES}. Consider an endpoint may have 10K accounts, each account has 1K entitlements.  How much this final list of account and entitlements would be? 

With one of my endpoint, I estimate it would be 100G data size for a full import method call. Is it possible? What about the performance and CPU & Memory requirement for such huge data processing? It also does not even support pagination for full import!

I am wondering if this framework document is up to date? and if yes, why it need repeat the same account data for the entitlement association? Can it be simplified to the format like this:

[account list][entitlement list][account_id_entitlement_id_mapping list]

And Pagination Support is needed for this framework.

Thank you very much for your review and comments please.

10 REPLIES 10

uthra_rahul
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@JayashreeL Please check and revert. Thanks!

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much uthra_rahul for your review.

I am looking forward to JayashreeL reply. This is very important for custom connector development follow the Saviynt Connector Framework. Hopefully it can be simplified to decrease the data size by removing repeated object properties information.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello uthra_rahul,

JayashreeL has not reivew and comment on this issue. Could you please follow up?

Thank you very much!

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This will product enhancement request

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Rushikesh for your comment. 

Are you able create such enhancement request? This is high priority job need to improve. I don't think any client can use it to process real world system integration through such custom connector framework unless they just do Concept Proving with small account and entitlement size.

Thank you very much for your consideration! I am looking forward to an answer this will be addressed shortly.

anyone can create https://ideas.saviynt.com/

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Rushikesh,

I have just created a new request as you instructed. here is the reply after creation:

Thank you for submitting your idea: EIC-I-4057 Saviynt Connector Framework need support pagination and simplify the account/entitlement data structure for custom connector reconcile/import method development.

Hope someone will contact me when they can implement the required feature or even better design.

Thanks a lot!

Dave
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alc - You will receive automated updates on status changes for https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4057 

Product team accepted this enhancement request

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4057

rushikeshvartak_0-1674623391525.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

JayashreeL
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello alc,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are reviewing your feedback and will notify you once we receive inputs from the PM team. 

Regards,

Jayashree L