Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why Request New Account is not allowed?

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Team,

When I request an account for my self. it is not allowed because I already have an account. but my account list is empty, I don't actually have the request application account. What settings block me for the request? How can I configure it to allow multiple accounts on same target application? See attached screenshot

requestNewAccount.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you check if you have this setting configured at Admin --> Identity Repository --> Security system --> Endpoint --> Application

ParitaSavla_0-1678295710828.png

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @IAMI ,

There is a config under each endpoint which you can enable/disable to allow users to request for a new account under that endpoint if an account already exists.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 9.32.30 AM.png

Please refer to below link for more info:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v231/page/Content/Chapter13-Access-Requests/ars-uc-im...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

But mine was turned off. it should allow multiple accounts. Not sure what was stuck? No matter I turn it on or off, I get same behavior when go to Request New Access > select this target application and it popup the page saying disabled because I already have an account. actually I don't have one yet.

disableNew.jpg

• Do you have access query at endpoint level ?
  • Can you provide screenshot of endpoint configuration 
  • Does any tasks are pending for user ?
  • Does any workflow request went into error state ( check ars_requests table )

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@IAMI , When the change was made at the endpoint level, you have to run the endpoint sync job (Microservicejob) for the changes to get into effect. Please run the job and try it again.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Pruthvi,

I checked that job is running every 2 hours with success. the Delta job also running every 30 minutes. And I have this issue for few days since I create this new endpoint, by default, it should be allowed, I never touch that setting which is turned off by default.

Looks it is a bug somehow? I don't have issue on another V5.5 instance where I create a new endpoint and use it for multiple accounts right away.

Try turning ON and then OFF to see if it makes it work. I understand you still want to understand why by default it is not working. But just want to give it a try so that if it works you have work around

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@IAMI , In 5.5 instance the microservicejob will not be available. But in 2021 version you need to run the microservicejob to ensure all the changes at the endpoint are updated. 

To have this triaged, please raise a FD ticket with all the appropriate details and respective engineer will help you with it.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Following items to be checked :

• Is there any Access query defined at EP ?
  • Is there any tasks which are pending for user ?
  • Turn On and Off Disable New Account Request if Account already Exist. Post changes run the microservice job and logout. An then login to verify.
Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

IAMI
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Guys,Thanks for your help.

I have followed your guys instruction to check up.

1. no access query defined at EP, see attached screenshot. just simple give it a name and security system, nothing else.

2. no tasks pending

3. Turn On Disable New Account Request  then -> sync -> Turn off -> Sync, does not work either

4. A technical rule can trigger this target application account creation without issues. just manual request is blocked.

5. Strange thing is even I don't have any account, it still report you already have an account on this endpoint.