We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Why my logging message with System.out.println() cannot show up in Log Viewer in version 2023?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello

I have a custom JarConnector Class with some debugging message execution using System.out.println() method such as:

System.out.println("Start my custom method methodCall in Custom class CustomClass");

It was shown correctly in version 5.5 SP3. But it is NOT in Log Viewer after we upgrade to version 2023.

Why does it skip my message that is very useful for debugging and logging purpose? What should I do in order show my custom message in Log Viewer?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can use java.util.Logger instead.

or

You can follow the logging guidelines of Saviynt Connector Framework. The Custom Jar connector is in the process of revamp and should include the best practices in the future. 

The Github project for Connector Framework is available at - https://github.com/saviynt/databaseconnector/blob/master/src/main/java/com/saviynt/ssm/connectorms/s...

//Include following packages

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

//Initialize the logger in your constructor

private final Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(this.getClass());

// Log messages

logger.debug("Message ");

Avoid excessive logging and only log the messages that are absolutely required.

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Rakesh,

Thank you very much! it works with Java Util Logging.

By the way, Besides JarConnector, if I want to implement custom connector follow the connector framework, following class is still valid? should I extends this class for all custom connectors?  Do I need upload to Settings > File Directory > Connector Files in order to make it work?

import com.saviynt.ssm.abstractConnector.BaseConnectorSpecification

Thanks