Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Why all tables are not accessible via Data Analyzer

Riku
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

Why all tables are not accessible via Data Analyzer?

Sql select that works in Analytics is not working in Data Analyzer and gives error:

Error : SELECT command denied to user 'ssmdau'@'....

Regards

Riku

7 REPLIES 7

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Riku ,

Greetings.

Some database tables are not exposed in UI and some tables have restricted to run select queries in order to not give away the sensitive data available in the tables.

The same has been mentioned in our documentation for data analyzer (refer below screenshot). Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 8.27.21 AM.png

Hope this answers your query.  For documentation link, please follow this https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter07-General-Administrator/D...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Riku
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

I still don't understand why myself having ROLE_ADMIN can make a Analytics report from for example emailhistory_archive -table, but same query doesn't work on Data Analyzer?

As i can see and select data out of emailhistory_archive -table using Analytics, hiding and restricting that in Data Analyzer doesn't help anything. 

Regards

Riku

You can refer documentation for required table and column names 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Riku ,

The purpose of Data analyzer and analytics is different. Data analyzer is an option provided by saviynt that helps implementor validate Saviynt data stored in tables so that it helps in troubleshooting.
Analytics is a feature where you can query on data and schedule reports based on it. There is document that provides detail of Saviynt schema that can help in creating analytics (follow link https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-DB-Schema-Reference-v55x/page/Content/Identity-Repository-S...)
However in the above example tables like emailhistory or emailhistory_archive does not hold troubleshooting related data, in fact it can contain user specific sensitive information so its not exposed from data analytics.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Riku
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

I kinda understand that idea, but it doesn't work like that in practise.

For example emailhistory_archive contained important "problem solving" debug kinda data for my case, as user complained he didn't got email and i needed to check if that email is found from that emailhistory_archive -table. On end i ended up doing analytics to find that email, but i could have easily just searched that email row with Data Analyzer.

Bigger problem here is that Saviynt schema documentation (you linked) doesn't contain all tables. For example it doesn't mention at all emailhistory or emailhistory_archive -tables, so how we are supposed to know that table even exists or what data it contains if it's now shown in Data Analyzer?

Regards

Riku

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Riku ,

As per the product design, right now data analyzer supports only specific tables. Please go ahead and raise an enhancement in ideas portal (http://ideas.saviynt.com/). 

Product team will take a look at it and update the raised idea accordingly.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

Riku
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

Ok.

Can you in a meanwhile update documentation to contain all tables? That would help us a lot to do Analytics.

Regards

Riku